Friday 8 May 2015

Of Note

My printmaking class has started again and I'm back to screen printing. In future classes I'll learn how to make collographs, monoprints, and other good stuff. In a few weeks, I'll share my results.

This is what is rocking my world this week:

1. Dirt Pattern Material. Need I say more? I foresee breaking open my least favourite pens and seeing what beautiful damage I can do to some fabric. Found via Pattern Pulp.

2. The wrapped artwork of Ruben van Marroquin. He and the late great Judith Scott would have gotten along just fine. Source: I forget.

3. Once you've checked out Ruben van Marroquin's work, look at the glue and thread wrapped sculptures of Anton AlvarezFound via Pattern Pulp. Pattern Pulp, I love you.

4. I can't get the "paintings," a.k.a. pieced tapestries, of Canadian artist Brent Wadden out of my head. He weaves small textiles using recycled or discarded materials on a loom, sews them together, and then mounts the larger textile on canvas. He studied at the Nova Scotia College of Art and Design and he's hot stuff right now. Source: The Globe and Mail Travel section. Don't ask me when. Saturday April 4, 2015, p. T7.

3 comments:

Judy Martin said...

thank you for the link to Brent Wadden. I am blown over by those zig zags.
x

Jennifer said...

Dirt pattern material!!! Oh my gosh! Brilliant!

Please pardon the excess, but necessary, exclamation marks. This is great. Totally makes me want to rush out and buy a few white shirts to play with. Can't wait to see what you do. Enjoy!

india flint said...

Loving the dirt pattern material (and the depth of colour)