Wednesday 23 July 2014

Creativity Books List I of III

Summer 2013 reading pile; Photo © Karen Thiessen, 2013
Inspired by a list of 20 52 essential books on creativity, I've compiled my own and am publishing it in three sections. They are in no particular order. Books with highlighted numbers resonated with me the most.

1. Free Play by Stephen Nachmanovitch (I have read this twice)
2. Steal Like an Artist by Austin Kleon (I have read this twice)
3. Show Your Work! by Austin Kleon (I have read this twice)
4. The Creative Habit by Twyla Tharp
5. Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott (I have read this three times)
6. The Writing Life by Annie Dillard (I have read this twice)
7. The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
8. Daily Rituals: How Artists Work by Mason Currey (I have read this twice)
9. The Artist's Way by Julia Cameron
10. The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg
11. Flow: The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihalyi Csikszentmihalyi
12. On Writing by Stephen King
13. Glimmer: How Design Can Transform Your World by Warren Berger
14. It is Beautiful Then Gone by Martin Venezky (I have read this 4 times)
15. Wreck This Journal by Keri Smith
16. Mapping the Intelligence of Artistic Work by Anne West

No comments: