Monday 6 May 2013

Quotes: Ira Glass

"The most important possible thing you can do is a lot of work." – Ira Glass, via brain pickings

Ira Glass is right. The more work you do, the more you make mistakes, the more you learn. I've been working flat out since September and I've made a lot of work, a lot of mistakes, and a few major discoveries. My hubby and I hung my solo show over the weekend and now I dive into making new work for a group show in July. I'm tired, excited, happy to see the work out of my studio and up, but sad that I must move onto radically different work for a time. My major discoveries came only six weeks ago, in enough time to make four modest pieces, but not soon enough to create the large-scale piece that I had envisioned. I'm planning to make the large piece this autumn and I can't wait!

No comments: