Thursday 11 August 2011

Too much

My brain after too much vacation.
Do you ever have one of those days where you are so absorbed in your work that the rest of the world falls away? Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi calls it flow. My Beloved and I took a two-week staycation and ten days into it I needed a full day in the studio to ground me. Too much stimulation and not enough silence and solitude don't work for me, no matter how much fun I'm having. As an introvert, my energy cup is small and fills quickly, unlike my extrovert friends. So my guy went off on his own and gave me the gift of time alone. The moment he left the house, I made a beeline for my studio and was there until he returned several hours later. Time alone to work did wonders for me, but obviously it wasn't enough. After our staycation I returned to my studio to discover that my iron had been on for four days straight! Aaack! It's a miracle that I didn't burn down the house, or at least burn out my iron. 

Vacation is good, but it's great to be back at work; and yes, my iron is now unplugged.

No comments: