Tuesday 5 April 2011

Oops! I did it again: more Marimekko love

The other day my studio clock died which forced me to go to the dreadful mall. This mall is a large conglomeration of stores complete with three big department stores. Could I find a simple clock? No. In this huge mall I found clocks in only two stores and what I found was big and ugly. The next day I pounded the streets of Toronto and visited a favourite Kensington Market store: The Good Egg on Augusta. Surely a kitchen store would carry simple kitchen clocks. Nope. But, I did stumble upon these gorgeous Marimekko napkins and I couldn't resist. Basically this a a pattern that I draw in my sketchbook when I am trying to listen to the sermon in church. The pattern is called Vellamo and according to the Marimekko website, they are new for Spring 2011. The napkins are large enough that I could make a pillow out of one of them. We'll see. The next day I did find a clock at IKEA. It was simple and inexpensive. I hope it lasts a very long time.

No comments: